- Tenure Track Junior ProfessorshipChair attached to URMIS Migration and Society Research Unit, Nice, Université Côte d’Azur. The deadline for applying is September 15, 2022 […]
- Aswat: Creation and Alternative Scientific Writings in the Arab World Call forDeadline : July 20, 2022. Michel Tabet (Urmis, IRD), Nicolas Puig (Urmis, IRD) and Taos Babour (Ifpo) organize in Beirut from November 23 to 26, 2022: Aswat, festival for Creation and Alternative Scientific Writings in the Arab World… […]
- Call for papers on ‘Cultural Appropriation and Creolization. The political uses of culture’
- Video: Migration, media and stereotypes: cities in France, Europe and the Mediterranean area after 1945The recording of the EuroMedMig National Workshop held on 7 March 2022 is already available on Universitat Pompeu Fabra’s YouTube channel. Check it out if you missed the interesting debate offered on “Migration, media and stereotypes: cities in France, Europe and the Mediterranean area after 1945”. […]
- Migration, media, and stereotypes: cities in France and mediterranean area after 1945 – EuroMedMig National Workshop
Date: 7 March 2022
Time: 15h00-18h00 (Paris)
Place: Hybrid format: MSHS-Nice and ZoomAfter having questioned, in the introduction, the cosmopolitanism dimension of mediterranean cities on a historical, social and cultural geographical perspectives, this workshop proposes to question the representations, imaginary and stereotypes in terms of immigration from the French case. […]
- Call for papers: International Conference. Slavery in Africa. Knowledge and Openings. Yaounde Cameroon, April 2022.
The final Conference Slafco 2 will be held in Yaounde University, Cameroon, 19, 20 & 21 April 2022.[…]
The deadline for submission of paper and panel abstracts is 15 January 2022.
- Migration Triage and Experiences of Blocking : Africa, America, Europe
International Conference, 21 – 24 June 2021, Nice (France) – Université Côte d’Azur.[…]
On a global scale, many migrant populations are stopped in their journey at international border or on the roads and places that are gradually built up as internal state borders…